Thursday, June 3, 2010

What we've been up to

We are finally home in our new place! After we graduated, Hubby and I drove home with his family to Missouri ( ~18 hour trip mind you). We had fun celebrating his birthday (25th) and enjoying the yummy spring weather. After a week, I went home to California to be with my family. I had lots of fun those two weeks attending two amazinggggg weddings, getting mani/pedis, going to the beach often ( I'm now an acceptable shade for my liking), shopping with mom ( thank you!) hanging out with grammy, talking to my brother on his mission, enjoying my first mother's day home in four years, eating a ton, and spending wonderful days and nights with my family. They really are the best. After two weeks, both Hubby and I flew home to Salt Lake to spend time together before I left on my girls trip to North Carolina. Hubby has already started his Masters at the U, and is really enjoying his classes. In North Carolina I had an amazing time with two of my very best friends ( one of which is my cousin). We ate some great southern food like fried pickles, chicken and dumplings, and some not so good food like shrimp and grits. We had a "baby shower"for our friend Jessie who is 5 months pregnant. Lex and I had lots of fun sewing baby gifts for Jessie's little girl. We also went strawberry picking, saw the documentary, Babies, ate the best ice cream ever, went to a drive-thru farm where we fed zebras, giraffes, pigs, lamas, and were attacked my emus. We drove to Charleston, SC, where we ate more good food, went on a ghost tour, caught a picture of a ghost on Jessie's phone ( good job Jess!), explored Boone Hall plantation, and finally returned home.
I am now back at home with Hubby, which I am so grateful for after being away for so long. He's just getting through classes while I do my best to find a job in this city. If any of you who read this know anyone who is hiring, let me know; I'd appreciate it!! Wish us luck on this new chapter.

2 comments:

  1. You are one busy chic! I'm sure you are glad to slow down a bit. It was fun hanging out and finally meeting you in person. Btw- thanks for the wonderful card :). Good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so cute. It was sooooooo fun to have you here. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete