Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Phantom, a Baby and Greek Food

Hubby and I went on a quick trip to Vegas the weekend before V-day to see Phantom of the Opera. Though Phantom did not meet my expectations, it still was a cool show with an amazing set and lovely music. The only reason I say it wasn't amazing is because the whole show seemed way rushed; there was no intermission and it was only an hour and a half long. However, the set was crazy ( especially the floating chandelier) and the songs were beautiful. After the show, we went on over to Serendipity to have some frozen hot chocolate. It was Hubby's first time trying it and he loved it to say the least. That night we stayed at the Trump Hotel, which Hubby loved extra because it spelled wonderful! The bed was so cozy, the view was....amazing, and there was a TV in the bathroom mirror; it was awesome. Donald treated us well. :)






What made the weekend even better was finding out that my little nephew had arrived Sunday morning! I may be biased, but he is so....... cute! Seriously a handsome man. I get to hold his wobbly little body in 2 weeks and I could not be more excited! I saw him on iChat tonight and wanted to melt when I saw his eyes open and his tiny forehead get all wrinkled up. Precious. 




This last week we ate at a Greek restaurant near the U of U called Aristos. It was definitely a satisfying, new experience. I'm not much of a Greek eater; I have had a bad run-in with a gyro and lamb kabobs. However, this place has altered my opinion of Greek food, making me realize that some Greek is amazing and not all of it will make you barf. I could not get enough of our eggplant, spinach and feta cheese stuffed chicken, and pepper/ feta cheese dip thing with pita bread. The pepper/ feta dip will  give you heartburn, but I promise it is worth it. If you're in the Salt Lake area you should definitely hit up Aristos. It will make you happy. Promise. 




2 comments:

  1. LOL I thought you were going to announce you were pregnant! I miss you! Why have we not hung out yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Aristos and cute nephew! Glad you were able to have a fun lovers weekend! Sorry I'm not at church more often (I am really sick sometimes) but when I do, it seems like it's always on the Sunday you teach. You're always so uplifting! :)

    ReplyDelete