Thursday, February 3, 2011

Winter Update

I'm not very good at this blogging thing. I guess I shouldn't be surprised; I hardly write in my journal either. Hopefully one of my New Years resolutions will help fix at least one of those issues.

Hubby and I have decided to try out a new restaurant each month instead of resorting to the same old ones each time we go out. I figure we'll find a new restaurant, take a few pictures, and walla! - a reason to post!  

Before I give an update on my new favorite places to eat, I'll do a quick recap of what has been going on since December.

At the beginning of December, one of my best friends, Christina, came to visit for the weekend. We went to Park City and scored some great things at the outlets. We also ate at a yummy restaurant called Jean Lois. If you're ever in Park City, you must go there! It was so great to have her here with us!

We also found out that Hubby got into medical school! He was accepted into a few places, but as of now we are settled on his top choice - A.T. Still University in Kirksville, MO. I'm still adjusting to the idea of not only living in Missouri, but in a small town with a Wal-Mart as the main store for shopping. On the bright side, it is extremely safe (which is great for my paranoia), and Hubby's family (including a few sisters in-law) live only an hour away. I think it will be an interesting adventure that I'm definitely warming up to. I am so proud of him and know he will be such an amazing doctor (and definitely the cutest one ever :) ). 

For Christmas we went home to California for a little over a week. The weather was perfect! I was so thankful to be out of the snow. We had an amazing Christmas with lots of food and family time. It is sooo relaxing to be home and have nothing to worry about except hanging out with the people I love most, and eating until my hearts content! 

I was also able to get together with J.A.C.L, and to meet our newest member for the first time! Little Haddie is the cutest baby ever. I'm so excited for Jessie and can't wait to see that cute little person again at our next reunion! 



So for our first new restaurant experience, we went out to a pizza place called Setabellos. Honestly, it was the best pizza I have EVER had! It was so good, in fact, that Hubby and I got another pizza only three hours after the date with our friends. We couldn't help it. It was, amazing. 





For February (though it was technically Jan. 28th) we went to a place called Tony Caputos. It is a market style restaurant that makes delicious Italian style sandwiches. There are also different vendors there on the weekends that sell things like yummy cheeses, homemade jams, and knit scarves. 

I'd love any ideas for good restaurants in Salt Lake, so send any my way! 


I hope the recap wasn't too boring. I'll try to be better at updating this for the handful of people that follow!  We're going to Vegas next week to see Phantom of the Opera. Pictures to come! 

3 comments:

  1. We loved going to Tony Caputos, too! Their sandwiches and salads are yummy. Excited for your Vegas trip! That will be so fun. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on coming to ATSU!! I know it is a small town and a huge adjustment but you'll love it! It is really easy to meet new people and get involved :) let us know if you need anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bright future lies ahead! We are so excited for you guys.

    Like Tara said, Caputos was a placed we loved to go. Their salads are so good.

    Have fun in Vegas - you guys will have a blast. Make sure you get some Serendipity frozen hot chocolate for us. :)

    Davey -

    ReplyDelete